Queens v Sorries

Re: Queens v Sorries

Baz 13 Sep 2014 08:18 am said..

A couple of months or so ago (time flies) I predicted a decline for Quins, citing an ageing pack and Nick Evans being on the wrong side of being a youngster. One game against a side who will be in the top 4 yet again doesn't confirm that, but Quins don't seem to have any kind of 'plan B'. Probably one of the most exciting sides have now become boring and predictable. Empires fall in the end and Quins have been punching above their weight for a while. I think Wasps will be taking their place in the table for the next couple of years. It is written. Somewhere on that Industrial estate in High Wycombe-probably.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Beddis 13 Sep 2014 08:20 am said..

I had Quins down as strugglers at the start of the season, they don't look strong enough and when the AIs and Six Nations come around they will really struggle.

Mind you I also chose us to be top of the table and Exeter to be at the bottom, so what do I know :D

That said, I've always thought Yarde is probably one of the worst wingers England have got defensively, so I hope that Lancaster was watching last night as I wouldn't want to rely on Yarde when the big games come along.
Posts: 4292  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Legendoft'Autostrada 13 Sep 2014 08:49 am said..

Cast your mind back to Glos v London Irish last season...

Marland Yarde scored three tries and looked the business going forward. But in defence, he was awful and easily brushed off on at least three occasions by Shane Monahan (who scored his own hat-trick!). That says everything about this 'wunderkid' at the moment, defensively clueless and last night's amble after the ball as Ashton steamed by him said a little bit more.

As for Saracens, ruthlessly efficient and defence of the very highest order. They will take some beating whereas Harlequin will take some beatings!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

ROLLO 13 Sep 2014 09:57 am said..

I wonder if the change of captaincy has helped or not?
With their injuries I think Quins may be regretting letting Sam Smith come to Wuss.
Can't knock Sarries as another poster has said, but are we seeing the start again of the maul with a tail behind it barely attached, I think I perceived that at least twice last night?
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Stephen Bond aka LSH 13 Sep 2014 21:07 pm said..

Tuffty wrote:Quins pack doesn't seem to have been the same for the last couple of seasons. I wonder if we are seeing a Gloucester-esque decline in their front eight?

Lets hope so, it would so nice to pop along to the Stoop with my Quins friends and see a glaws win for a change!

On the subject of Sorries, who I admire but really don't like, I was very surprised that they had 13 English qualified players in their starting 15 last night! Will Fraser and Richard Barrington (born in Gloucester) were very good!
Stephen Bond aka LSH
On the board

Opportunist 13 Sep 2014 21:17 pm said..

Yarde claiming he had cramp, not sure I believe that...
Opportunist
On the board

Paul Stevens 13 Sep 2014 21:28 pm said..

Opportunist wrote:Yarde claiming he had cramp, not sure I believe that...

When you have genuine cramp.....who don't try to accelerate, see the try scored and then walk behind the posts waiting for conversion, as per normal..........

Not even a good excuse.......
Paul Stevens
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby