Queens v Sorries

Re: Queens v Sorries

Marble Eye 12 Sep 2014 20:51 pm said..

I can't make up my mind whether Yarde was dawdling or whether Ashton really is that fast that he is able to come from behind to outpace Yarde as he did for his try.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Opportunist 12 Sep 2014 20:54 pm said..

Marble Eye wrote:I can't make up my mind whether Yarde was dawdling or whether Ashton really is that fast that he is able to come from behind to outpace Yarde as he did for his try.

He looked like a forward running back. Surely he'd just given up.
Opportunist
On the board

Snevets49 12 Sep 2014 20:54 pm said..

Marble Eye wrote:I can't make up my mind whether Yarde was dawdling or whether Ashton really is that fast that he is able to come from behind to outpace Yarde as he did for his try.

Think Yarde dawdled...when he saw Ashton was on his shoulder, he tried to accelerate but 'twas too late. Poor defensive concentration.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

JR 12 Sep 2014 20:58 pm said..

Snevets49 wrote:Think Yarde dawdled...when he saw Ashton was on his shoulder, he tried to accelerate but 'twas too late. Poor defensive concentration.

Not just poor - absolutely diabolical.
JR
Hero in the making

Lyd1973 12 Sep 2014 21:22 pm said..

At least we had the excuse of a new team trying to bond as a unit but Quins had pretty settled team out tonight. Hopefully a good win tomorrow and it'll be someone else's turn to be relegation candidates on Monday night.
Lyd1973
On a trial

Westy 12 Sep 2014 21:50 pm said..

Ruthless efficiency from Sarries to win away from home like that and to defend so well. And it could so easily have been so many more but for a fine performance from Mike Brown.
Back to basics
Westy
Hero in the making

GlawsyD 12 Sep 2014 22:19 pm said..

With the exception of the last driving maul try, Sarries never really created what I would say was a positive attacking move. The majority of their scores came from 'pressure' mistakes by Quins. A 0-39 score line can't be knocked - it just seems wrong. Is this the new tactics of the future to not challenge and hang off line out contact?
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Camel 12 Sep 2014 22:21 pm said..

Sorries are a very boring, but clinically ruthless and well organised team. They all understand their individual roles within the side and work as a team to execute the gameplan. It clearly gets results.

Quins were poor, very poor in fact. Too lateral and predicable. However, I'm still convinced they'll bounce back from this and finish in or around the top 4.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 13 Sep 2014 06:49 am said..

Camel wrote:Sorries are a very boring, but clinically ruthless and well organised team. They all understand their individual roles within the side and work as a team to execute the gameplan. It clearly gets results.

Agreed. I was just glad they didn't get the bonus point that I felt they didn't deserve. As impressive as their defense, organisation and teamwork was and as much as I as a lifelong rugby man can appreciate it it is not going to bring fans into the game. Also, as said in commentary, eventually they meet a team they cannot physically dominate then their complete lack of a plan B comes to haunt them - see the end of last season.

Do I wish Glaws were that ruthlessly efficient, hell yes! However Sarries have been like this for a few seasons now but I see no further evolution in their gameplan.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 13 Sep 2014 07:09 am said..

Quins pack doesn't seem to have been the same for the last couple of seasons. I wonder if we are seeing a Gloucester-esque decline in their front eight?
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby