Team's Up!

Re: Team's Up!

steckers 13 Sep 2014 09:12 am said..

Hooky - that's a fairly negative post. I haven't watched Wales, Ulster etc as much as others but have to disagree with your assessment of Hook and Afoa. The latter always impressed me when I watched last season - I'm not interested in the gossiping around his attitude - and I'm not getting carried away with last week where he faced the best prop in world rugby.

I've seen Hook enough at 10 to know he will be more than adequate. Strange that when a player can play multiple positions people will say "he is not a genuine this or that".

Laidlaw - well I've been impressed with everything I've seen so far. Perhaps the most impressive of the signings for me at this stage. And we def need a goal kicker too.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Captain Jolly 13 Sep 2014 09:21 am said..

I'm not a proper supporter as I haven't been to any of the pre-season matches and only watched Northampton on BT. I also missed the United game last Monday and only own two replica shirts, both very old. Johnny come lately in more ways than one, I guess.
Can someone (preferably an ITK) provide a conspiracy theory about Stooke, surely the coaching staff are picking the team on evidence shown in matches and training?
Has Slaterless Leicester been calling Sir Henry? :D
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
On the board

covglaws 13 Sep 2014 09:41 am said..

Captain Jolly wrote:I
Can someone (preferably an ITK) provide a conspiracy theory about Stooke,

My next door neighbour's, uncle's, doctor's, sister's, hairdresser's cat told me Stooke is on the naughty step because he hid Laurie Fisher's hat. ;)
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1754  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Marble Eye 13 Sep 2014 10:08 am said..

There are certain Shedweb conventions: Qera was not a seven, Savage is not a lock and now Stooke must always play. Why these experienced coaches ignore these is a puzzle.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

RTS2 13 Sep 2014 10:17 am said..

Marble Eye wrote:There are certain Shedweb conventions: Qera was not a seven, Savage is not a lock and now Stooke must always play. Why these experienced coaches ignore these is a puzzle.

I think they are thinking its best to stick with their early observations in the camp. I don't get the Sav return to second row ; but he will probably ( hopefully) have a barnstormer today. He needs one for sure. When our Argentinian returns I can see the troll to be attaching themself to the Fella :D ; but if he or she does I will probably see some justification.

Actually I wonder if the Tig T has learnt Italian !?
RTS2
Hall of Famer

HKC 13 Sep 2014 10:22 am said..

With Hines and Patterson in the Sale side we need Hudson to compete at the lineout. The Sale pack looks worryingly good even without Braid, so we'll need a big performance to gain parity.

I'm still very hopeful for a win, but given last week I'll settle for a good performance.
HKC
On the board
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby