Team's Up!

Re: Team's Up!

Camel 12 Sep 2014 15:08 pm said..

Similar to others, I would have Stooke and Palmer, plus possibly Thomas at LH.

Cobilas is a very adept and under-rated scrummager - Murphy might be in for a tough afternoon. Their numbers 3 - 8 look very strong, as does their forward replacements. Mills had a very industrious 13/14 campaign and I expect him to boss the line-outs and driving mauls (faceits of their game which they thrived at last season). Hudson must front-up this week and combat his domination in the tight.

Behind their pack looks average though - mainly through injuries. If Cipriani doesn't have a good day, they'll really struggle. No question, they will look to win this via their pack. My game plan would be to put numbers into the breakdown in defence and guard the fringes - they will be looking to hurt us around there. I would task Kalamafone to make Cipriani's afternoon a miserable one!

Roll on tomorrow........ Glaws by 9.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

colinboag 12 Sep 2014 15:10 pm said..

IMO tomorrow's a big day for Rob Cook. His performances worried me last year at times, and last Friday I thought he was desperately disappointing. I'm hoping to see a big game from him against Sale - showing plenty of commitment under the high ball (and I expect him to get peppered early on), and getting in the right place to make important tackles. If that happens it will great, but if it doesn't then I hope the club are thinking about how they address that key position.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

torchy6 12 Sep 2014 15:27 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:IMO tomorrow's a big day for Rob Cook. His performances worried me last year at times, and last Friday I thought he was desperately disappointing. I'm hoping to see a big game from him against Sale - showing plenty of commitment under the high ball (and I expect him to get peppered early on), and getting in the right place to make important tackles. If that happens it will great, but if it doesn't then I hope the club are thinking about how they address that key position.

Don't worry Glen Kalamafoni is already on it. ;)
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Moss 12 Sep 2014 15:49 pm said..

I think we will see more of Stooke when our Argentinian joins up. With his lineout skill aligned with the power of Elliot we will have a second row to be reckoned with.
Confident we will win, and comfortably, tomorrow.
Moss
Vice-Captain

Chris in Spain 12 Sep 2014 15:50 pm said..

torchy6 wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:IMO tomorrow's a big day for Rob Cook. His performances worried me last year at times, and last Friday I thought he was desperately disappointing. I'm hoping to see a big game from him against Sale - showing plenty of commitment under the high ball (and I expect him to get peppered early on), and getting in the right place to make important tackles. If that happens it will great, but if it doesn't then I hope the club are thinking about how they address that key position.

LOL.
You are sharp this afternoon Torchy!

:D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Chris in Spain
Hero in the making

torchy6 12 Sep 2014 15:54 pm said..

Chris in Spain wrote:
torchy6 wrote:

LOL.
You are sharp this afternoon Torchy!

:D

Thanks Chris :D
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

JC 12 Sep 2014 17:15 pm said..

Can understand the logic of picking the same XV, but I'll still be a lot happier when Stooke and Palmer start together. And Stooke's fitness is why he isn't being picked - on the nose Baz!
Posts: 515  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Hero in the making

GITMS 12 Sep 2014 17:27 pm said..

New Season - New Team. Lets hope for a better performance that the similar fixture last season
GITMS
On a trial

JamTomorrow 12 Sep 2014 17:37 pm said..

I want a win tomorrow and a good performance, time to make Kingsholm a nasty place to come again for opponents.
JamTomorrow
First team regular

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2014 18:13 pm said..

Choosing the same team. Fair enough especially if obvious 1st choice players (Wood, Kvesic) are still injured/unfit + that's what the coaches have decided they want and in their opinion the other possibles aren't worthy.

I think giving the same lot a second chance straight away is very fair by the still new coaches BUT personally I am unhappy with some players still starting in Cherry and White. I would have looked closely at dropping Cook, Savage/Hudson - with possibly May (@15), Monahan, Stooke/Palmer coming in as starters.

As for the game itself and seeing Sale's team I am hopeful of a much better performance than last Friday's and parity in most areas. Sale are missing some really key and experienced players and though their pack will be obdurate and solid as Diamond normally produces I don't really see them having the firepower to score many tries. So if we can stay disciplined and not give Cips (oh how I hate that nickname) the chance of kicking 3-pointers I forecast a win.

This is a learning curve and we must be relatively patient. Tomorrow is a good opportunity to bounce-back. Let's hope the players grasp that opportunity and kick on from there.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby