Blogs - a suggestion

Blogs - a suggestion

stevieb 12 Sep 2014 09:25 am said..

I just spent a few minutes reading Richard's blogs off the home page link. Good reading, thanks.

I'm sure I am not alone in shortcutting straight to the forum so often miss these tidbits? Would it be an idea to create a thread and a link when there is a new one posted? I appreciate it is easy enough to click across to other items on the site, I just wonder how many people are missing out by not realising they are there or taking time to look? :)
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Re: Blogs - a suggestion

Castle Grim Reaper 12 Sep 2014 09:48 am said..

Now that's a good idea, surprised nobody has thought of it ;)

http://www.rugb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=88
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

stevieb 12 Sep 2014 11:20 am said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Now that's a good idea, surprised nobody has thought of it ;)

http://www.rugb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=88

Not sure if you are taking the pee or serious CGR? I could've added a link, I said "as new one's are posted".
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 12 Sep 2014 12:28 pm said..

Not taking the pee, that was a topic that was started on the day that the last new blog was posted, only pointing out that he is already doing it :)
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

stevieb 12 Sep 2014 13:01 pm said..

Ah I see, I fell foul of the 'search every page of topics in case your helpfully intended suggestion has already been made' police. :roll:

I see there is no option to delete a thread once someone has replied? Strange.
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Ed 12 Sep 2014 15:25 pm said..

Thanks for bringing this up stevieb and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Yes, I do post a link but I always tread a fine line between letting people know it's there and banging on about them ad infinitum. Given the choice I'd bang on! I enjoy writing and want people to read what I write. Writing a blog about Gloucester rugby is great fun and I'd love people to comment and get involved.

However, the same argument applies to the rest of the site. I want to develop it to include all sorts of pages of interest to the GR fan – blog, match reports, local rugby, rugby poetry(!), local charity initiatives, etc, etc. Why not?

So I'd encourage all you Shedwebbers to check out the menu tabs and get involved.

Thanks.
Gloucester Ed
Senior squad member

Castle Grim Reaper 12 Sep 2014 15:30 pm said..

no offence meant and no policing or criticism, just pointing it out that it was there ;)
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby