Team Talk

Team Talk

shedwebber 12 Sep 2014 05:36 am said..

Have to say I am a tad nervous about tomorrow's game and not sure what to expect! Sale will be up for it and perhaps considering us one of the less challenging away games compared with the likes of Leicester, Bath and Saracens. It's too early to expect all of the deficiencies of last week to be addressed in one week. I wonder what Lord Laurie would be saying to the boys to fire them up?

I would expect a more robust performance and a much closer result than last week. What are your expectations?
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making

Re: Team Talk

Whos bad 12 Sep 2014 05:52 am said..

Sale have a mini injury crisis going so are apparently sending a depleted squad.

As long the players play to their potentials and get the basics right I would say we can win this game.

The players need to show the Glawster dawg.
Whos bad

JR 12 Sep 2014 07:08 am said..

Whos bad wrote:Sale have a mini injury crisis going so are apparently sending a depleted squad.

Don't believe all you read. Sounds like The Geezer up to his usual bollux.
JR
Hero in the making

Porky 12 Sep 2014 07:26 am said..

There is always uncertainty when we play Sale - one of the teams we have struggled against so often. That said, we will be keen to atone for last week's result at Saints (who were pretty awesome, to be honest) so I reckon it will be a close and exciting game that we shade by 3 to 7 points (or we trounce them!).
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Old Spot 12 Sep 2014 08:17 am said..

I would expect to see a marked improvement in defence. There is obviously a limit to what you can do in a week but it is an area where we clearly need to get better and I'm sure the squad will ahve focussed on it.

If we get that right the fact that we are at home, that Sale are clearly not as good as Northampton, and that the players will be desperate to bounce back from the hiding they took last week, means we could come away with a narrow victory.

It doesnt have to be pretty. But improvement is what is needed - and I'm sure we'll see it
Old Spot
First team regular

Roy 12 Sep 2014 08:24 am said..

If we can't beat a poor Sale side at home then it will be a long,long season.
Yes were were blown away at Saints but I saw enough good things to see us in the top 6.
Roy
On a trial

Oldboy 12 Sep 2014 08:28 am said..

Roy wrote:If we can't beat a poor Sale side at home then it will be a long,long season.
Yes were were blown away at Saints but I saw enough good things to see us in the top 6.

Being in the opposing 22 seemed to be a real problem. Good things anywhere else don't matter unless that's where you end up.
Going forward from this point in time is your only option
Oldboy
Vice-Captain

Rob C 12 Sep 2014 10:27 am said..

First post on the new forum and looking forward to the first game at home.
All I want to see is the players giving it their all and if they HAVE done their best and lose then so be it.
I thought that last week they played well for the first 20 minutes and some of Savages tackles were a joy to watch.

Come on Glaws
Rob C
First team regular

Return to Gloucester Rugby