World 10's in Bermuda

Re: World 10's in Bermuda

27 Oct 2020 08:24 am:

GB83 wrote:Was surprised when BT announced they had C500k view the premiership final live on Saturday, I wasn’t expecting 10’s of millions but thought it would be higher than that.

At the end of Jun20, BT TV only had 1.7 Million Subscribers so 500K is quite good.
aka John Neary
On the board

27 Oct 2020 08:31 am:

I do wonder if people who receive by sport via Sky Virgin or Now tv are included in those figures or if that's just information gained from bttv boxes or by phones or internet subscribe ?

27 Oct 2020 08:44 am:

caldiglaws wrote:I do wonder if people who receive by sport via Sky Virgin or Now tv are included in those figures or if that's just information gained from bttv boxes or by phones or internet subscribe ?

Not sure, as it doesn't say.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

27 Oct 2020 09:14 am:

I believe it's slight guesswork/survey-based and also includes those watching in rugby clubs and pubs (sitting-down).

Hence my comment that Pay-TV does little to increase the spread of our relatively minority sport. Those watching are nearly all already rugby union supporters.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

27 Oct 2020 09:37 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I believe it's slight guesswork/survey-based and also includes those watching in rugby clubs and pubs (sitting-down).

Hence my comment that Pay-TV does little to increase the spread of our relatively minority sport. Those watching are nearly all already rugby union supporters.

The problem GM, is that terrestrial can't pay the amount of cash that Sky /BY etc can. 13 of the Autumn Nations Cup matches are on Amazon, with only 3 on C4.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

27 Oct 2020 09:55 am:

I was playing Tenable the other day on my phone whilst in a waiting room - one round was what are the ten most popular ball sports in the UK - Rugby Union was 10th (behind netball) - so not surprising if the number of people playing is low, the support is also low
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

27 Oct 2020 10:36 am:

DieTrying wrote:The problem GM, is that terrestrial can't pay the amount of cash that Sky /BY etc can. 13 of the Autumn Nations Cup matches are on Amazon, with only 3 on C4.

I totally understand that DT. My point is that for me it is a real pity that the authorities (RFU etc;) don't better utilise free-to-air TV more alongside game sponsors (who want viewers irrespective) - and therefore better market the game. Balance rather than always going for the fattest purse..........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

27 Oct 2020 11:39 am:

GB83 wrote:Was surprised when BT announced they had C500k view the premiership final live on Saturday, I wasn’t expecting 10’s of millions but thought it would be higher than that.

I think the dirty secret about a lot of Sky/BT/subscription /PPV is that not many people are actually watching.

For all the hype that Sky give to their football coverage you never see them announcing viewing figures that you do from BBC or ITV when they have some of the big tournaments.
Keyser Sose
Vice-Captain

29 Oct 2020 08:03 am:

BT Sport content is delivered over the Internet, whether you watch via a set top box (BT / Sky /Virgin) or stream online via the BT Sport website / app.

For this reason I would think viewer numbers are much more accurate than they were previously as you have a definitive source and destination for the traffic.
Hall of Famer

29 Oct 2020 08:25 am:

But how do they account for multiple viewers in a pub/club-house ??
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby