Henry Purdy

Henry Purdy

NorthernShedHead 16 Feb 2020 16:28 pm said..

Having a great game so far for Bristol and just scored a decent try

Is it a case that we just dont get the best out of these players where others do?!
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

Re: Henry Purdy

Tump 16 Feb 2020 16:30 pm said..

Not really. He was pretty good for us when he played.
Tump
Vice-Captain

ryno_chelt 16 Feb 2020 16:44 pm said..

Henry went through a patch of form for us where I thought I must be close to England. He had quiet games too and question marks defensively at times perhaps, but he is a class player, deserves his prem spot with Briz.

Wish him all the best apart from when they play us. :D
ryno_chelt
On the board

glawsteruk 16 Feb 2020 16:55 pm said..

If he showed England form for Gloucester I must have been asleep (not unusual).
glawsteruk
Vice-Captain

ryno_chelt 16 Feb 2020 16:59 pm said..

glawsteruk wrote:If he showed England form for Gloucester I must have been asleep (not unusual).

To be fair, he had a couple of games where he scored solo tries and I was hyping him up, I’m not sure anyone agreed. :D

He’s a very good finisher though.
ryno_chelt
On the board

Legendoft'Autostrada 16 Feb 2020 17:10 pm said..

England form? Really?

I liked Purdy as a good honest trier and squad member. Good finisher, which he showed again today. But certainly not the best under the high ball and defensive positioning was often exposed. Good luck to him at Bristol but given salary cap limitations etc, it was probably right to let him seek pastures new.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

upton dc 16 Feb 2020 17:16 pm said..

How on earth did Northampton manage to lose that game? Bristol played like Gloucester (away) in the first half and deserved to be well behind on the scoreboard. Then in the second half, something happened. That something was Pat Lam, who in my mind orchestrated a masterclass of coaching and leadership at half time. Suddenly, Bristol started playing like Gloucester at their best. I know they needed to take risks but their resurgent attacking style really paid off. Well done Bristol.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

steckers 16 Feb 2020 17:44 pm said..

Purdy always worked incredibly hard and I generally felt he achieved a great deal for a winger who doesn't have any noteworthy pace. It was a poor piece of management from Gloucester.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 16 Feb 2020 17:45 pm said..

upton dc wrote:How on earth did Northampton manage to lose that game? Bristol played like Gloucester (away) in the first half and deserved to be well behind on the scoreboard. Then in the second half, something happened. That something was Pat Lam, who in my mind orchestrated a masterclass of coaching and leadership at half time. Suddenly, Bristol started playing like Gloucester at their best. I know they needed to take risks but their resurgent attacking style really paid off. Well done Bristol.

And Northampton went into their shell; their only plan was to give it to the big winger and see if he could burst through. Bristol very unfortunate not to be awarded a penalty try.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Oldprop 16 Feb 2020 17:53 pm said..

I always rated him and was dismayed when we let him go. I know we can't keep everyone but I do believe we got this one wrong.
Oldprop
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby