Forum abuse

Re: Forum abuse

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 11:18 am said..

Moderators ?? Well moderate rather than vacillate.

Little sympathy for RTS2 who does assume in his incredibly lengthy diatribes that he is the equivalent of The Bible in all matters GRFC. Fine having an opinion - like I have an opinion - but leave it at that.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2130  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

stevieb 16 Feb 2020 11:34 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Moderators ?? Well moderate rather than vacillate.

Little sympathy for RTS2 who does assume in his incredibly lengthy diatribes that he is the equivalent of The Bible in all matters GRFC. Fine having an opinion - like I have an opinion - but leave it at that.


RTS2? I assumed “Perhaps the mods could start with stamping out the mocking and abuse of a certain poster by the clique.” referred to abuse against yourself.
Posts: 1189
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

kingsholmmick 16 Feb 2020 11:43 am said..

well mute if this place was seriously moderated you`d be long gone from here ...
Posts: 809
kingsholmmick
On the board

Re: Forum abuse

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 11:43 am said..

stevieb wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Moderators ?? Well moderate rather than vacillate.

Little sympathy for RTS2 who does assume in his incredibly lengthy diatribes that he is the equivalent of The Bible in all matters GRFC. Fine having an opinion - like I have an opinion - but leave it at that.


RTS2? I assumed “Perhaps the mods could start with stamping out the mocking and abuse of a certain poster by the clique.” referred to abuse against yourself.


Possibly was BUT 1) I don't think so having now read the threads 2) I don't need the self-appointed Moderators to fight my battles !!

Sad thing is that SW can, at it's best be a great rugby forum. But either following a GRFC loss (and these things happen in the course of a season) or when you get non-rugby matters (politics, monarchy, grammar, z-list celebrity happenings or picking on certain posters - sometimes deservedly) the site goes into melt-down with all the very worst human traits being demonstrated.

I guess it goes down under "Modern Society". If so I'd like to step back into the good old days of Durzle.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2130  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

colinboag 16 Feb 2020 11:59 am said..

An idea: why not insist that everyone uses their first name and surname as their username - people are less likely to be abusive if everyone knows who they are? I'm happy to do this (if I can work out how to change my username!!) - not sure why we need anonymity.
Cherchez la truffe
Posts: 3030
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

Gloucester Mute 16 Feb 2020 12:06 pm said..

Agreed. John D.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2130  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

Steve M 16 Feb 2020 12:15 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:An idea: why not insist that everyone uses their first name and surname as their username - people are less likely to be abusive if everyone knows who they are? I'm happy to do this (if I can work out how to change my username!!) - not sure why we need anonymity.


Do you know what GS, I think that's your best idea to date, I've never liked the idea of hiding behind an alias. Dont know how you would enforce it mind, could end up with a few thousand Fred Blogs or, topical, I am Spartacus ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Posts: 1519  Location: Longlevens, Gloucester
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

Peanutcoxy 16 Feb 2020 12:26 pm said..

Steve M wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:An idea: why not insist that everyone uses their first name and surname as their username - people are less likely to be abusive if everyone knows who they are? I'm happy to do this (if I can work out how to change my username!!) - not sure why we need anonymity.


Do you know what GS, I think that's your best idea to date, I've never liked the idea of hiding behind an alias. Dont know how you would enforce it mind, could end up with a few thousand Fred Blogs or, topical, I am Spartacus ...

There’d be 2 Spartacus’s as so is my wife
The older I get the faster I was
Posts: 1982  Location: Brockworth
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Re: Forum abuse

Alfred Lord Tension 16 Feb 2020 13:07 pm said..

I don't know how to apply this to me
I've got a split personality
One is uptight and one runs free
I am Henry and ALT
Posts: 413
Alfred Lord Tension
Vice-Captain

Re: Forum abuse

West Oxon Glaws 16 Feb 2020 13:11 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I posted it because Cips, who knew her, posted about her death. I've seen posts with much more tenuous links than that posted on here. Thankfully most people read it as it what it was and expressed sorrow about this horrific story.


Exactly Glen and I really don’t understand some of the bile from some on here. Take a read of Danny’s tweets, especially the one about how he missed a call from Caroline whilst he was playing rugby. I read your post for what it was and thought it was tasteful and fully appropriate.
Posts: 199
West Oxon Glaws
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby