Local rugby news

Local rugby news

stevep 10 Sep 2014 23:20 pm said..

I look at the internet versions of The Echo and Citizen from afar.If I hit Rugby Union I get mainly GRFC news which is fine.Some OPs and Chosen out of The Echo,some Cind ,Lyd,Bream and Centralians,Matson and Coney from the Citizen.
I know there is a limit on space but what about the other local clubs?Do they not count?Are their reports and news in the print versions?Last season I didn't even see who won the Chelt Combination or the Stroud district one either. :(
stevep
Vice-Captain

Re: Local rugby news

stuart 11 Sep 2014 08:10 am said..

Not alone Stevep I also would like to see a full round up on the local Gloucester rugby clubs even tho I am a long time gone but still.... ;)
stuart
Turns out for the A team

Gloucester Ed 11 Sep 2014 08:32 am said..

This is a really interesting point. As far as I'm concerned, local rugby is very important and we are looking to develop a local rugby area on this site. I'm not quite sure how we'll go about it and suggestions are most welcome but I am certain we can offer something in the way of coverage and publicity.
Gloucester Ed
Senior squad member

Fat Taff 11 Sep 2014 08:36 am said..

If only there was a newspaper that covered all local sports, rugby, cricket, football, darts, bowls, skittles, the lot.

What if it was published every week, and just to make it stand out, the paper was pink?

Nah, that would be a dumb idea, no legs at all.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Andy_M1 11 Sep 2014 09:45 am said..

A lot of what appears in the Citizen depends on the club themselves writing a report and submitting. I know when I coached my lads team up to the age of 17 we submitted a report with photos nearly every game and 9 times out of 10 they did publish it.
Andy_M1
Senior squad member

stuart 11 Sep 2014 10:24 am said..

That would be great GE and I am sure the local clubs would nominate a club member / club to report in to you.... :)
stuart
Turns out for the A team

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Sep 2014 11:17 am said..

Back in the day ....first job before the shower was get the match report phoned in. Ususally the only phone was in the bar and neither of you could hear what was being said. But the magic usually happened ....the pink un god bless everyone that worked on a proper community paper
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Captain Jolly 11 Sep 2014 12:09 pm said..

Ah, Arthur Russell reporting on rugby and cricket. Kingsholm and The Wagon Works, great memories.
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
On the board

stuart 11 Sep 2014 20:25 pm said..

Yes true you would not have all the mud off and someone would know the other results so important then a beer and post-mortem on who did what... or wait till 6.00 pm at home for the pink un( at the bottom of robinhood street)... :)
stuart
Turns out for the A team

BlackCherry 11 Sep 2014 21:25 pm said..

Aah many a find memory of having a beer in the deans walk with a copy of the Pink Un on the table.
BlackCherry
Senior squad member
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby