Saracens in more bother??

Re: Saracens in more bother??

steckers 12 Feb 2020 07:42 am said..

Saracens find themselves in their position because of systematic abuse of the cap on an industrial scale. This isn't a one-off. It's a repeated offence that all mounts up on top of the last time they were caught.

And I'm fairly sure there is also an element of solidarity amongst the other Chairmen who have simply had enough of Wray and his shennanigans.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 12 Feb 2020 08:23 am said..

Once again the links to the Lance Armstrong case in cycling are stark. Lance and his team were the most "professional" and successful cheats and took all the rap. The other teams were all cheating to a lesser degree and less successfully so they then closed ranks, drew a line under events and moved forward.
IMVHO this is what premiership rugby will do and probably has to do. The blood letting for forensically going through everyone's books would kill the sport.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 12 Feb 2020 22:16 pm said..

I can’t agree with that. Your suggestion appears to be that everybody has been cheating but Saracens just did it a little bit better. Sorry I think that’s rubbish.
Lebowski
Dude

RTS2 12 Feb 2020 22:27 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I can’t agree with that. Your suggestion appears to be that everybody has been cheating but Saracens just did it a little bit better. Sorry I think that’s rubbish.

In most cases maybe and hopefully in all other cases other than Salaries RFC Leb. To say it is a rubbish point though might be a tad harsh ?....fact is none of us know for sure. As long as Gloucester Rugby are in the clear ( and my gut -feelings are that "we" are ) I really don't care too much who else might end up being found guilty of being "cheats" ....
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 13 Feb 2020 08:45 am said..

I said in my opinion the idea that every other club is also cheating is rubbish. You say that’s harsh and in the same post say you believe Gloucester are not cheating. :? :?
Lebowski
Dude

Still Realistic 13 Feb 2020 12:32 pm said..

Leb, no problem if your opinion is different to mine. There was a comment earlier that there were a couple of other clubs feeling twitchy. Add in a number of grey areas and situations where the letter of the law may be adhered to but not the spirit and that number might be higher.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Feb 2020 12:35 pm said..

If somebody is caught doing 140mph down the motorway you don't let them off in case a lot of other people are doing 71mph :?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Feb 2020 12:48 pm said..

Apart from a single tweet, I've seen nothing anywhere else to suggest this is going to run. That is apart from the knee jerk hysteria/paranoia of some quarters of this mighty tome.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

steckers 13 Feb 2020 13:02 pm said..

Good post CGR.
steckers
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Feb 2020 13:06 pm said..

But there's usually nobody stopped until it's over 85/90mph unless they're driving like an absolute knob and sticking 2 fingers up to the cops...so it's a great anology.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby