Saracens in more bother??

Re: Saracens in more bother??

colinboag 11 Feb 2020 19:24 pm said..

Dave Swanton who used to be the Media Manager at Sale has just posted on Twitter:

'After @Saracens got docked 1000 points am hearing today that the anal nerves at two other clubs are twitching. After relegating Sarries PRL set a precedent. Worrying thing is the two clubs in question voted for Sarries execution.'

He's generally pretty well informed. I shall watch with interest.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

robs1 11 Feb 2020 19:34 pm said..

I hope its not us
robs1
Hall of Famer

madders 11 Feb 2020 20:44 pm said..

Well if it is, it just shows you can’t buy success!
I reckon it could be a team not too far away.....look at their signings, and hopefully Quins.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

simple84 11 Feb 2020 20:44 pm said..

Looks like Allianz have had enough too:

https://www.ft.com/content/18700f44-4cf ... d18ec715f5
simple84
First team regular

Ciren35 11 Feb 2020 20:47 pm said..

robs1 wrote:I hope its not us

Ditto…

Apart from the obvious reasons, I would also hate for this to be linked to Glos simply for the health and wellbeing of Mute..

If it came to light that Glos were one of the two alleged clubs now in the frame, dear old Mute would be like a dog with two dicks, which isn’t a pleasant scenario… :shock:

Should the unthinkable veer towards becoming a reality, then purely as precaution for those in the county, It might be a wise move to establish the availability of industrial strength bromide, as it could get very messy ..... :o
Ciren35
Senior squad member

CMGC 11 Feb 2020 22:56 pm said..

I would have thought the only two possibles would be Bris and Bath. I can't see any of the others having the spare cash.
CMGC

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Feb 2020 23:18 pm said..

I think you need to be looking up the M69 and down the A46 maybe not today but in recent years...management consultant for Next is an interesting position for a player’s wife.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Steve M 12 Feb 2020 00:52 am said..

Would make for an interesting Prem next season if 3 clubs were relegated though ... Newcastle, Ealing Trailfinders and Cornish Pirates coming up :o

Of course if they cant all meet the conditions attached to promotion we'll just have to have a ten team league next year - less games = cheaper season ticket :D

On a more serious note, if anyone else is found to be guilty of cheating the cap, including us, then -35 points and a fine seems consistent punishment. If they are found to be in a position where they couldnt be turned around to get under the cap this season then relegation seems fair for consistency.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

coleser 12 Feb 2020 06:32 am said..

Breaking the salary cap doesn’t automatically result in a £5M fine and relegation. There are various levels of punishments. If clubs have gone over the cap, I doubt it would be on the industrial scale of Saracens. Maybe a fine. Maybe a smaller points deduction. I can’t see any cause for concern for Gloucester Rugby - or any other clubs. You just have to compare the Saracens squad with the squads of the other 11 clubs. I just can’t imagine any other ‘creative accounting’ will be on the required scale to result in relegation.
coleser
Hero in the making

stuartjames 12 Feb 2020 06:43 am said..

I thought any fines only kicked in over and above a breach of 350K ?
stuartjames
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby