Glaws V Chiefs OGT

Glaws V Chiefs OGT

RTS2 14 Feb 2020 07:04 am said..

Thought I would start the match day off early... ;)

Should be a great match and hopefully a good atmosphere. Unsure of the ticket sales for the match...anyone know ? ; but let's make a lot of noise and get right behind them. Hopefully back to winning ways...

Good side out even without OT and WH.

Curious decision to put Banners at 15 ............it might be a stroke of genius ....lets hope ! ?... :)

Safe journey later to everyone .

Come on Glaws !!!
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Glaws V Chiefs OGT

Ken Burney 14 Feb 2020 07:22 am said..

On the ticketing area of the club's website, the only part of the ground with good availability is The Shed.

The Speedy Skips stand is sold out, the Malvern Tyres stand is sold out in the middle 2/3rds of it with limited seats at the fringes whilst the Stowford Press stand is almost sold out.

It would appear that there will be a good sized crowd.

I am very worried about Matt Banahan at full back - he will be tested by crossfield and high kicks by Gareth Steenson.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Feb 2020 08:38 am said..

Matt has played at FB for us several times and with his vision he plays it very well, I know a lot of Bath fans preferred him in that position before he left. I'm pretty confident he will do well and become more of an attacking threat anywhere across the back line rather than stuck out on the wing.

C'mon Glaaaws
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Old Rik 14 Feb 2020 09:02 am said..

We are at home. I’m not worried about MB at 15. What he lacks in pace he makes up in experience in positioning. Also a threat off first phase when we are attacking as it gives Cips options on a short pop pass into contact then go wide. He’s still a very powerful player.

Hoping it gives them a few defensive headaches.
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

Hovis 14 Feb 2020 09:45 am said..

The Shed is now in the Red zone "Nearly sold out" and there are about 125 seats available according to ticket page on official site.
Hovis
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 14 Feb 2020 11:08 am said..

Ken Burney wrote:I am very worried about Matt Banahan at full back - he will be tested by crossfield and high kicks by Gareth Steenson.

He will be tested, but I have never worried about Banners under the high ball and his positional and situational awareness is very good. He could always have a mare of an evening of course, but I am more concerned about the performance of the back row - the last few games have seen Glaws come off decidedly second best here. Agreement seems to be that 9-15 looks pretty excellent, but you could put out the greatest backline the world has known to no use if they never see the ball. It's such a cliche, but winning the breakdown (and not giving away penalties) will be the key tonight.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

Lurker 14 Feb 2020 11:40 am said..

hope we start quicker than Shedweb!!! :lol: :roll:
Lurker
Hall of Famer

VV 14 Feb 2020 14:52 pm said..

Agree with ShedorDead, this about the forwards tonight who have, at least, to gain parity with the Exeter 8. Breakdown has been a worry, but line out and scrums have also gone awol in other games so rather hoping for a complete performance up front.
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Vice-Captain

vitesse 14 Feb 2020 15:50 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Matt has played at FB for us several times and with his vision he plays it very well, I know a lot of Bath fans preferred him in that position before he left. I'm pretty confident he will do well and become more of an attacking threat anywhere across the back line rather than stuck out on the wing.

C'mon Glaaaws

If I recall correctly, was MB signed as a utility back..? He has played most back positions in his time, so could be well versed in the FB role.
Posts: 311  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

Clive's Pants 14 Feb 2020 16:20 pm said..

Vitesse - great user name. Can you do anything about the speeding up the site?
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby