Rumours

Re: Rumours

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Jan 2020 19:37 pm said..

Maybe I am being naive but it seemed to me that at the time of season when budgets were being set and contracts handed out Purdy was injured and then only got fit again towards the end of the season at which point we had already done our business for the year so there was no chance to keep him? Or does everything have to be a conspiracy.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

stevieb 14 Jan 2020 19:43 pm said..

The conspiracies thread....
stevieb
Hall of Famer

West Oxon Glaws 14 Jan 2020 20:00 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Maybe I am being naive but it seemed to me that at the time of season when budgets were being set and contracts handed out Purdy was injured and then only got fit again towards the end of the season at which point we had already done our business for the year so there was no chance to keep him? Or does everything have to be a conspiracy.

That is spot on and Henry was very disappointed as he had been verbally promised a new contract. Since leaving he has experienced rugby in New Zealand and done well at Coventry. I hope he does well at Bristol (apart from two games :D )
West Oxon Glaws
Senior squad member

madders 14 Jan 2020 21:05 pm said..

Hear, hear.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 15 Jan 2020 19:16 pm said..

Same here. Didn’t deserve to be treated the way he was.
Hope he impresses at Bristol and earns a contract
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 16 Jan 2020 13:15 pm said..

Jamie Roberts leaving Bath for the Stormers, with immediate effect. Josh Matavesi joining Bath from Necastle, also with immediate effect.
DieTrying

DieTrying 16 Jan 2020 19:21 pm said..

Fraser Balnain extends contract. Announced at Members event tonight and on Twitter.
DieTrying

Beddis 16 Jan 2020 19:35 pm said..

Next Grobler please!!!!
Posts: 4110  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

foresterinyorks 16 Jan 2020 19:41 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:Fraser Balnain extends contract. Announced at Members event tonight and on Twitter.

Excellent news.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 16 Jan 2020 21:01 pm said..

Only seen on rugbypass so Rumours thread seems best place for the time being, but they are reporting that Saracens now face the prospect of automatic relegation...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rugbypass.com/news/saracens-stand-on-brink-of-automatic-relegation-as-nightmare-season-set-to-continue/
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby