Other Prem matches

Re: Other Prem matches

Gloucester Mute 03 Nov 2019 22:19 pm said..

Disagree Chalker.

How about also respecting the referee, the ARs, opposition players ?? It is, I believe, one of the core values of our game - and one of the differentials between rugby and football.

I am not surprised it happened at Sixways therefore.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1458  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 03 Nov 2019 22:25 pm said..

I won't repeat my views about Sixways other than to say I am not surprised by what happened.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 04 Nov 2019 13:42 pm said..

The booing at Sixways was very unusual and not something I condone. The reason was that Foley appeared to raise his arm for a Wuss penalty and then immediatly reversed it to award Exeter a try, this was not shown on the TV footage. It seems he got a bit mixed up with his signals and was indicating a strip by Wuss and then one by Exeter. Still not right to boo during the kick - before and after OK in my view.
We lost because you cannot defend for 40 minutes, a stupid clear out by Fatialofa which probaly deserved a yellow card and a shanked clearance by Pennell who I will cut a bit of slack due to for his excellence under the high ball and a thigh injury he was carrying for the last part of the game.
Not a fan of the ladder ruck which seems to have re-emerged and Ex used on a few occasions.
A disappoinitng day.
ROLLO
On the board

Russglos 04 Nov 2019 19:16 pm said..

Having now watched the highlights of the Quins v Saints game, I propose that we should play our Jake on Taqele Naiyaravoro's wing. He takes some stopping.
Russglos
Vice-Captain

Steve M 05 Nov 2019 00:14 am said..

Russglos wrote:Having now watched the highlights of the Quins v Saints game, I propose that we should play our Jake on Taqele Naiyaravoro's wing. He takes some stopping.

But not so hard to run around when we're in possession. Turning circle of an oil tanker
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Russglos 05 Nov 2019 01:28 am said..

Steve M wrote:
Russglos wrote:Having now watched the highlights of the Quins v Saints game, I propose that we should play our Jake on Taqele Naiyaravoro's wing. He takes some stopping.

But not so hard to run around when we're in possession. Turning circle of an oil tanker

Fair comment. He doesn't look exactly fleet but I wouldn't want to be the last defender before the line, if he was looming down on me.
Russglos
Vice-Captain

Steve M 05 Nov 2019 02:19 am said..

Russglos wrote:
Steve M wrote:

Fair comment. He doesn't look exactly fleet but I wouldn't want to be the last defender before the line, if he was looming down on me.

Think I'd trip over my shoelace before contact was necessary :o :lol:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

CMGC 08 Nov 2019 20:05 pm said..

Just watching sale v Wasps
Sale have switched to an overseas team. I see 9 of the starters are not from Eng . Squadwise - I see they have raised our 7 Boks with 9 of their own.
CMGC

madders 08 Nov 2019 21:42 pm said..

Sale v Wasps, an example of the worst refereeing of the breakdown l have ever seen. Shocking. Poor Wasps.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Nov 2019 21:46 pm said..

Poor game of rugby. They've invented a new game of rugby tennis....watch it and learn Gloucester. Keep he ball in hand and play the phases.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby