Munster OGT

Re: Munster OGT

legin 11 Jan 2019 21:47 pm said..

Glad Cips is back and came through unscathed
legin
Vice-Captain

foresterinyorks 11 Jan 2019 21:49 pm said..

Well done Munster, but
please remember they had a virtually first team, and relatively rested team against a very tired depleted one.
Fair play.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

jeppy89 11 Jan 2019 21:50 pm said..

I think it’s fair to say Walker and Hudson were rubbish while recognising that they are young and their absolute best would still have been a tall ask. They both kept at it.

Soundly beaten by a much better team, but God’s we were bad.

We’ve put a target on our backs for the rest of the season now, “Gloucester have a soft underbelly, and are there for the taking”
jeppy89
Senior squad member

foresterinyorks 11 Jan 2019 21:53 pm said..

“Gloucester have a soft underbelly, and are there for the taking”

Really?
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Creamoftheprop 11 Jan 2019 21:53 pm said..

Definitely congratulations Munster but that squad won’t get there, big investment still needed. Potentially a good staring 15 but squad is way off as shown tonight.[/quote]

Not everything is solved by big investment.

Their players and coaches know European rugby, which I think is the biggest difference.[/quote]

Precisely. Their game management is light years ahead of ours. Not a criticism, just an observation. They've been playing this way for donkeys with little personnel tweaks here and there. Everyone knows what their role is whether attack or maul d. Got to keep the spine of this team and build over two/3 yrs. 15 in and 15 out each season, we just go around in circles.
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

robs1 11 Jan 2019 21:54 pm said..

perhaps those saying some were rubbish would like towalk into the glos changing room and say it to their faces.
Undone by a better and rested team, no lack of effort and cips appears to have come through ok
robs1
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 11 Jan 2019 21:56 pm said..

Not an unexpected campaign in our first appearance for a while with a fair few new players.

The past couple of months have been hit damn hard with injuries

Time to to tie down DC's contract, ditch sicknote front row players, qualify again for next season and aim for the quarters.

Some of the comments about the side and squad on here tonight have been beyond hilarious.

"Bottlers, chokers." Moronic.

I agree with Glen's view of giving Hohneck and Balmain a much earned break.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Forrester 11 Jan 2019 21:57 pm said..

foresterinyorks wrote:Well done Munster, but
please remember they had a virtually first team, and relatively rested team against a very tired depleted one.
Fair play.

Agreed. We were missing maybe 9 out of our best 23, they were missing nobody.
In a lot of cases it was young inexperienced guys up against internationals that have done it time after time.
Yes we need some recruitment in a few areas but most of all we need some guys back fit and to gain experience. The squad and management will have learnt a huge amount about themselves and what it takes to complete at that level.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Glaws 11 Jan 2019 21:58 pm said..

Munster tonight reminded me of how Saracens played in their double winning year and they played superbly. I didn't expect to win but unfortunately we made (again) very simple mistakes which equalled big scores.

Bad day for a few players but to me they targeted Hudson big time in the first half, he has, in the last 3 or 4 games looked defensively frail.

Fair play to Balmain and Hoeneck, they've had a bloody hard season so far and deserve the next 4 weeks off.

Poite was Polite and linos did zilch to help the cause.

One big shame for me again was our driving maul from 5m out, how many attempts over how many matches do we need to get it right?

Lots or players deserve a rest for a few weeks and hopefully we'll have some fire power back before the next round.

Never mind :(
Glaws
On the board

Leggers 11 Jan 2019 21:59 pm said..

Munster were a lot more up for this than Glos and thoroughly deserved the win.

It was great to see both Cipriani and Thorley back and that they don't appear to have picked up any new injuries.

Mostert, as ever, was a beast and I look forward to seeing a lot more. Slater's work rate was immense as always.

For me the back 3 were a bit off. At halftime I'd have put Sharples at FB and brought Trinder on the wing in place of Hudson. The Braley-Cipriani-Twelvetreets work very well together. Twelvetrees seems to play his best with Cipriani at 10.
Leggers
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby