Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

Re: Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

Beddis 27 May 2018 20:11 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:The same Robinson that won a World Cup?

Clearly not as head coach, probably the worst thing to happen to English rugby when he took them to their darkest hours?
Posts: 3185  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Waisidbrid 27 May 2018 20:46 pm said..

Nice to see Josh Matavesi was wearing Camborne RFC socks
Waisidbrid
Academy prospect

Lord Lucan 27 May 2018 20:49 pm said..

Beddis wrote:
Not1eyed wrote:The same Robinson that won a World Cup?

Clearly not as head coach, probably the worst thing to happen to English rugby when he took them to their darkest hours?

Poor old off side never stood a chance, we were on top of the world and the only way was down as the golden generation retired, I fear the outcome would have been the same whoever drank from the poisoned chalice.
Lord Lucan
On the board

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 20:59 pm said..

Very true Lord Lucan. It was the end of an era. A group of players retiring around the same time.
I would also suggest he did far more coaching and had far more influence on the team as coach under Sir Clive than he did as the top dog.
Not1eyed
On the board

Fat Taff 27 May 2018 21:30 pm said..

Baz wrote:Best player on the pitch (either side)for me was Daly. The guy is world class. Jones is a loose cannon.Brilliant and flawed but his brilliance has been found out. Like Vincent Van Gogh his brilliance may only be appreciated in time to come? For this mo
Ent in time he can trot on and he’llhave to wait to be appreciated.

Daly is an astonishingly good rugby player.

Jones always does two good years.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Beddis 27 May 2018 21:41 pm said..

.....then the wheels fall off
Beddis

CMGC 27 May 2018 22:34 pm said..

Well today was a good day not to be picked for Eng. !!!! Daly looked good but against that sort of Baba's play you needed a team to be all on the same page defence wise. It was a real lesson in holding on to the ball if you want to attack.
CMGC

Lebowski 28 May 2018 07:15 am said..

Not1eyed wrote:A good physical game and the chance to expose some players on the fringe of the squad/team to international rugby. He will have learnt far more about players from that game than he would from a training session running into pads. Just my opinion.
Not sure how Trinder can be “binned” as he wasn’t selected in the touring squad.

That’s fair enough and I agree about the physicality but I don’t agree about the game. It’s not international rugby, it’s exhibition rugby Harlem Globetrotters style. It bears very little resemblance to international rugby. My opinion! :)

As for Trinder, of course he can be binned - if he isn’t selected again in the next few months. If he isn’t what other conclusion can you draw other than being given 20 minutes in an exhibition game then ‘thanks very much, goodbye!’ I hope this isn’t the case; I hope EJ won’t treat him like that. I am not confident however.
Lebowski

Beddis 28 May 2018 07:20 am said..

EJ taking a slating from some of the journalists this morning (and rightly so) for overtraining the players.

The Baa Baas had only 3 sessions, one whilst hungover and looked for more coherent as a unit.

In the other camp there was a team who looked like they had only just met, yet another player very badly broken and they are the ones less than 18 months from a World Cup!
Beddis

RossM 28 May 2018 08:08 am said..

Beddis wrote:EJ taking a slating from some of the journalists this morning (and rightly so) for overtraining the players.

The Baa Baas had only 3 sessions, one whilst hungover and looked for more coherent as a unit.

In the other camp there was a team who looked like they had only just met, yet another player very badly broken and they are the ones less than 18 months from a World Cup!

Extracted from today's Guardian:

The Barbarians coach, Pat Lam, confirmed that his squad had kept up traditions off the field during the week, as well as on it on Sunday, including a 70s night where Ashton was dressed as a hippie, Finn Russell as Austin Powers, Justin Tipuric as the Cookie Monster and Tatafu Polota-Nau as a member of Kiss. Lam said: “It was funny because I said to them, ‘Fellas, that was a really good training session but I know that some of you probably don’t even remember it … you can look at the pictures!’”
RossM
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby