Praise for Billy Twelvetrees

Praise for Billy Twelvetrees

Citizen Rob 07 Dec 2017 14:36 pm said..

Keith Richardson cites Billy Twelvetrees as a player who has been rejuvenated this season and hails him as a role model in his column, which you can read here: http://bit.ly/GlawsEarlyChristmas

He was actually my man of the match last week and, like Keith, I think he looks back to his best. Just thought I'd share this for those who are interested and it might strike up a bit of a discussion!
Citizen Rob
Senior squad member

Re: Praise for Billy Twelvetrees

Peanutcoxy 07 Dec 2017 15:15 pm said..

Can’t fault the effort Rob in light of recent posts/threads! I think several were in with a shout of mom and many will agree with you.
Peanutcoxy
Turns out for the A team

torchy6 07 Dec 2017 16:16 pm said..

Thanks for the link Rob, good to see Billy getting the plaudits he deserves, he is reinvented under Ackers - great to see.
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 07 Dec 2017 16:25 pm said..

There must be an outside chance of us losing BTT for the 6 nations such his great form this season.
Lord Lucan
On the board

Lewi7 07 Dec 2017 16:27 pm said..

I thought he was improving in the latter half of last season. It's clear Billy is playing very well now under JA, but it's not all down to him.

When Billy was made Captain, with a host of new players and coaches he had it all on his shoulders and imho he felt he needed to do everything, whilst at the same time being messed about by Lancaster and England selection. But now, being allowed to play as a 12 with others sharing the burden he's getting back to his best and long may it continue, he's a quality player.
Posts: 3192  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Asgard 07 Dec 2017 17:31 pm said..

I thought Billy suffered under the very flat alignment adopted last year which when added to not the fastest pass from Laidlaw to 10 and hardly ever a break at 10 he was very much the red cross recipient. There is very much more variance in the backs alignment/ moves this year with dummy runners etc. Billy has a fraction of a second more time.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

steckers 07 Dec 2017 18:21 pm said..

I've always been a fan - even when others were groaning - but he certainly is flourishing under the new system!
steckers
Hall of Famer

CMGC 07 Dec 2017 18:49 pm said..

Billy is in competition with OF and Loz for the 12 shirt. Can't see him getting past those two. Very happy to see him tear it up for us however.
CMGC

Lebowski 07 Dec 2017 18:55 pm said..

OF and Teo maybe when the latter’s fit? Either way I don’t see him featuring for England.

As far as Gloucester goes he is (and some of this is personal opinion, some is inside information) the hardest working player in the squad (first out and last in to practice), the most committed and passionate player in the squad (Glos through and through despite his Tiggers roots) and the first name on the teamsheet.
Lebowski

JC 07 Dec 2017 19:13 pm said..

Lewi7 wrote:I thought he was improving in the latter half of last season. It's clear Billy is playing very well now under JA, but it's not all down to him.

When Billy was made Captain, with a host of new players and coaches he had it all on his shoulders and imho he felt he needed to do everything, whilst at the same time being messed about by Lancaster and England selection. But now, being allowed to play as a 12 with others sharing the burden he's getting back to his best and long may it continue, he's a quality player.

Lewi, Billy’s form was also affected by trying to play with Hook at 10, who would constantly crab across his fellow three-quarter line. Like I’ve said before Hook’s ineffectiveness at 10 was also occurring before his arrival at Glos, hence his utility player role at Perpignan and for Wales. Some of his better games for Glos came at centre or full back to be frank. AND I’m not saying Hook is or was useless, but 10 doesn’t seem to be his best position.
Posts: 316  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby