O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

02 Nov 2020 12:12 pm:

The damage to the UK he has done and with this new stunt has the potential to do is huge. What a nasty piece of work.

02 Nov 2020 12:20 pm:

aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 13:15 pm:

It's strange that anybody who doesn't agree is labelled childish and immature these days. Do we grow up on Thursday as we can still be childish and immature on Wednesday?
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 16:50 pm:

Purposely flouting national laws, rules, regulations and expert medical guidance isn't clever or bright to do.

Not using your common-sense is simply stupid.

Some seem to revel in both and use the excuse of libertarianism.............why ?? Death wish or just selfish ?? :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

02 Nov 2020 19:24 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Purposely flouting national laws, rules, regulations and expert medical guidance isn't clever or bright to do.

Not using your common-sense is simply stupid.

What about laws, rules and regulations that fail the common sense test? Just asking.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 21:38 pm:

It’s the idiots who have flouted the rules that mean we now are going into the second lockdown. If people had followed the rules I think we would have been ok. When you see people in other countries who do follow the rules properly (e.g. Sweden, Japan, South Korea etc) you see a lower infection rate. It’s not rocket science but we have a lot of people over here who don’t seem to give a flying fig. Maybe it’s because they think they won’t be seriously affected. But their elderly relatives or neighbours will not be so lucky. I think there should be some form of public name and shame as they don’t seem to care about the virus. Rant over.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 22:32 pm:

ie; The 700+ partying at a Yate warehouse on Saturday night. Utterly irresponsible and stupid.

Or will their excuse be "we didn't understand the rules", "no-one explained it clearly to us", "what's your problem ?? we were only having fun together", "my mental health is an issue - i need to go out partying" and "you can't make us we're adults".

Really pi55es me off. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

03 Nov 2020 08:35 am:

It's slightly ironic that the Farage Brexit party of shutting the borders and putting down the barricades has morphed into the "Let everyone out" party.
He's a populist opportunist and gets massively over exposed by his paymasters in the media. The sad thing is, he prays on the naive and a lot of the public fall for it.
Hall of Famer

04 Nov 2020 13:02 pm:

What the fresh hell is going on over the pond? How can so many people look at Trump and think, yep he's my guy?
Site Admin

04 Nov 2020 14:19 pm:

you mean he's not your guy? what the stinking heck is wrong with you, man?

jokes, obvs.. ;)

originally he was from outside the normal set of politicians, hence some sort of relief for the disenfranchised, which I could sort of understand.. never a credible option, ever, but you could see how some of the more gullible could buy it.. but now it's something else.. more divisive than ever, and pushing America to it's breaking point...

Biden likely winner by a nose, now, as I understand it, thanks to the postal votes.. but he's not going to have the senate and a weakened mandate as he didn't smash Trump.. He has got the highest ever number of votes in a popular vote though.. which counts for nought..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby