O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

22 Oct 2020 14:43 pm:

lovejoy wrote: Relying, do you think Johnson and Corbyn lie relatively the same amount as your post suggests?

Let's deal with the IRA points you keep flagging. Fisrtly, all forms of terrorism are abhorent, no debate.

When the approach in Northern Ireland was piling in gung-ho there was civil war in the UK, thousands dying and Bloody Sunday. When both sides sat down and talked to each other we ended up with the Good Friday Agreement and subsequent peace. Talking is good. Fighting is bad.

Yes.

I don't think JC will ever go down in history as "a peace-maker" !! He always took the side of the terrorist v the Establishment in every situation globally.

You can argue all you like on this one Lovejoy BUT IMVHO Corbyn was a wrong 'un when it came to his relationships with a variety of terrorist organisations.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

22 Oct 2020 16:52 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:What "personal attack" by whom to whom ??

I didn't say there was. It's the Politics thread, so I put up a reminder.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 05:50 am:

As a lefty I think JC becoming leader was the worst thing to happen to Labour. It was clear that they were unelectable with him at the helm but he had the support of the unions. Looking at the state of the recent story cabinets anyone half competent would’ve been able to at least had got a Labour led coalition government in power.
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 10:40 am:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Liar, noun, a person who tells lies.

Not entirely sure how you mark them out of ten relatively unless you are completely delusional and want to break it down into white lies, little fibs, great big porkies etc. :oops:

The fact you refuse to answer the question speaks volumes.

You can't tell the difference between someone who constantly tells massive lies knowingly and one who occasionally get caught on something minor, and asking the question makes me delusional? Come on you're better than this.
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 11:30 am:

Not really sure what you are after, you tried to compare him to liars and I pointed out that he also was a liar, I was brought up believing that if somebody told I lie you should never take anything else they say on face value ever again.

I am afraid I can't help you with grading liars.
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 13:42 pm:

Wow.

By your logic everyone is a liar. I challenge anyone to claim they've never told a lie in their entire life.
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 13:46 pm:

Me ?? ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Oct 2020 11:14 am:

The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hero in the making

29 Oct 2020 14:23 pm:

Hall of Famer

01 Nov 2020 23:20 pm:

The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
PreviousNext