O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 11:03 am:

Stop the clocks, silence the bells, ... I agree Mute.
His form of opposition has, in my view, facilitated the mess we are in at the moment re Brexit/Johnson government. I still say he is a conviction politician shorn of pr sheen and spin.
Hall of Famer

21 Oct 2020 18:49 pm:

But still a liar
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 10:35 am:

Moving away from the PR sheen and having vested interests point, Castle Grim Reaper, what is your opinion of where Corbyn is on the liar stakes 1-10 compared to say Johnson?
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 11:16 am:

Well I guess it is a ten as they are clearly both liars.

I was merely commenting on your statement that 'he was a relatively honest politician when compared to all these liars', nothing more. :(
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 11:19 am:

They're both politicians (so will lie) but only one (regularly) consorted with terrorists. :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 11:22 am:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Well I guess it is a ten as they are clearly both liars.

I was merely commenting on your statement that 'he was a relatively honest politician when compared to all these liars', nothing more. :(

And I asked you to score them 1-10 (relatively).
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 11:25 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:They're both politicians (so will lie) but only one (regularly) consorted with terrorists. :roll: :roll:

Relying, do you think Johnson and Corbyn lie relatively the same amount as your post suggests?

Let's deal with the IRA points you keep flagging. Fisrtly, all forms of terrorism are abhorent, no debate.

When the approach in Northern Ireland was piling in gung-ho there was civil war in the UK, thousands dying and Bloody Sunday. When both sides sat down and talked to each other we ended up with the Good Friday Agreement and subsequent peace. Talking is good. Fighting is bad.
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 13:45 pm:

Liar, noun, a person who tells lies.

Not entirely sure how you mark them out of ten relatively unless you are completely delusional and want to break it down into white lies, little fibs, great big porkies etc. :oops:

22 Oct 2020 14:07 pm:

I could have sworn that Admin / Mods advised against personal attacks. :roll:
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

22 Oct 2020 14:38 pm:

What "personal attack" by whom to whom ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby