O/T - General Politics thread

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1038

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

19 Oct 2020 14:38 pm:

I find your use of emojis confusing (as in I do not know how to interpret them). I am getting old perhaps it is just me, I therefore assume you are a teenager who spends most of his/her time on other forms of social media and dips in to Shedweb occasionally.

Fair play, this forum has more than its fair share of white, male, anglo saxon, aging know it all gammons [I should probably insert a "fun" emoji here].
On the board
Posts: 754
Location: The 'nam

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

19 Oct 2020 18:16 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I find your use of emojis confusing (as in I do not know how to interpret them). I am getting old perhaps it is just me, I therefore assume you are a teenager who spends most of his/her time on other forms of social media and dips in to Shedweb occasionally.

Fair play, this forum has more than its fair share of white, male, anglo saxon, aging know it all gammons [I should probably insert a "fun" emoji here].


So, what is a fair share you'd be happier with then? Perhaps you'd like some of those who identify with those innate charcteristics off SW. For what reasons, I've no idea.
If it's wet, drink it.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1038

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

20 Oct 2020 06:34 am:

Neilio44 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:I find your use of emojis confusing (as in I do not know how to interpret them). I am getting old perhaps it is just me, I therefore assume you are a teenager who spends most of his/her time on other forms of social media and dips in to Shedweb occasionally.

Fair play, this forum has more than its fair share of white, male, anglo saxon, aging know it all gammons [I should probably insert a "fun" emoji here].


So, what is a fair share you'd be happier with then? Perhaps you'd like some of those who identify with those innate charcteristics off SW. For what reasons, I've no idea.


I was making a point about Mute jumping to (erroneous) conclusions from a post, so did the same by extrapolating from his emoji usage.

Come one, come all, I say.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3051
Location: Hell

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

20 Oct 2020 14:35 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Simply saying he was a relatively honest politician when compared to all these liars and charlatans with their PR machines and vested interests is merely an opinion on how he was presented rather than a message of support. Still, why let facts get in the way.

Lying about having to sit on the floor on a train when it was nigh on empty sort of undermines your point :?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1038

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

20 Oct 2020 15:54 pm:

*sighs*
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3051
Location: Hell

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 07:56 am:

lovejoy wrote:*sighs*

A fair point receiving this sort of response tends to underline it.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1038

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 10:26 am:

I think my frustration is around the fact that this is such a minor issue. Is that really the best you've got?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3085
Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 10:38 am:

Fair point Lovejoy - I was always much more concerned with Corbyn's tacit support and association of/with many murderous terrorist organisations such as the IRA and Hezbollah........to name just 2. :roll: :roll:

Lying about his train antics was nothing compared to them.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1038

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 10:50 am:

The original point was around him being honest and shorn of PR. Do you think a decent PR guru would have allowed stories mentioning the organisations you reference get out? At least you knew what he said was what he believed.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3085
Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: O/T - General Politics thread

21 Oct 2020 10:57 am:

Lovejoy - whilst I admire your consistency JC may have been "honest" BUT he was a complete and utter wrong 'un who did the Labour Party untold damage both before and whilst Leader. Anyone bar Mrs Corbyn and his most rabid supporters will acknowledge same.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Not Rugby